How To Keep A Gratitude Journal?
A gratitude journal is one of the best ways to stay focused on the habit of expressing gratitude. By expressing gratitude for what you have in your life right now, you open new windows of opportunities. You come out of the scarcity mentality and realize how abundant things are. You start attracting positive energy into your life. Let us look at some of the benefits of writing a gratitude journal on a daily basis.
The benefits of keeping a gratitude journal:
- Being grateful for what you have right now opens window for more blessings to enter into your life.
- When you write down what you are grateful for, it puts things in an entirely new perspective.
- You start to realize how abundant your life is right now at this very moment.
Keeping a gratitude journal keeps you focused on all that is good in your life and subconsciously you begin to expect more good things. It can be a simple notebook or a decorative journal. Your journal is very personal and should reflect who you are. Don’t worry about writing the wrong thing or any spelling errors. Let your thoughts flow and write whatever first comes to mind. If you experience writer’s block, start by writing…”I am so happy and grateful for…” Start out with a list of at least 10 things you’re grateful for. Try this out for 30 days and your awareness for prosperity and abundance in your life will greatly increase.
I met a beautiful, vibrant woman recently who weighed 88 pounds, in a wheel chair given a week to live. That was 20 years ago! She met Dr. Bernie Siegel, who taught her to keep a gratitude journal. She said the first day she could only find one thing of the five he suggested she list. So repeated “I am grateful for the ray of sun through the clouds” five times. She said by day 30 she had over 130 things on her list. She is a traditional health person, as is Bernie Siegel, and she teaches all her patients the power of keeping a gratitude journal.
Additional Articles From "General Self Help"
- How to Deal with Difficult Family Members?
- How to Deal With Rude People At Work?
- Best Self Help Books for Women
- How to Stop Being Sad?
- How to Stop Worrying About Your Health?
- The Value of Your Emotional Dollar
- Key Success Factors – Reach Your Goals
- Conversation Starter Questions for Shy People
- Achieving Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
- 7 Ways to Overcome Daytime Sleepiness