There are many reasons why we may look to lose weight, some do it for the sake of better health, some do it to look better, some do it for their partner while some do it simply for the fun of it.
Majority of the people look to lose weight in order to have a good physical appearance. We all want to feel good when we look at ourselves in the mirror, and the most evident factor is our body weight. No one really likes to see their body being flabby and unstructured.
But even though this is the case, the big question for many is – how do I get motivated to lose weight and more importantly how do I keep up this motivation for a period long enough to actualize weight loss?
It’s quite easy to get motivated to lose weight when you see that you no longer fit into the jean you so love, or that you feel “unattractive” to your own eyes. The problem is how to keep the motivation for losing weight strong and on-going until it actually manifests.
There are many “self help” books on weight loss motivation that give you workable “action” tips and you may have found that they are hardly ever effective. You might even end up feeling bad about yourself for not being disciplined enough.
But the truth is that you are just going about it the wrong way. You are taking action, before changing your thoughts! Let’s look at this in more detail.
Working on your negative thoughts
We live in a society where taking “action” is considered more essential and pertinent than to work with your thoughts. But the truth is that taking action will yield you very mediocre results if your thoughts and beliefs, are out of whack.
If you have negative thought patterns going on, it’s impossible to achieve positive results. The mystery of success is hidden in this simple proverb “As you think, so you become”.
The reality around you responds to the thoughts in your mind. If you don’t have the ideal body weight, it is more to do with the thoughts you are thinking than the food you are eating.
See if you have these thought patterns going on.
- Are you constantly worried about your weight?
- Do you think about gaining weight every time you put some tasty food in your mouth?
- Are you constantly complaining about your body weight?
- When you meet people do you compare your body weight with them (in your mind)?
- Do find it difficult to believe that it’s easy to lose weight?
- When you see yourself in the mirror do you have negative feelings about your body?
You will find it surprising but most of these though patterns might be operating in you at a subconscious level, especially if you have been working on losing weight for a long time.
The reason why you find it so difficult to get motivated to lose weight is because your thoughts are constantly reinforcing the opposite reality in place. When you think of losing weight you also think of how difficult it’s going to be, and how problematic your body is.
These thoughts sabotage your motivation and also bring in a feeling of powerlessness within you.
Cultivating positive thought patterns
Before you start taking action on losing weight, you need to change your thoughts and bring them more in alignment with your end result, which is to have a well-toned and attractive body.
A few examples on the positive thought patterns to cultivate are as below:
- Losing weight is easy and effortless.
- There are many simple solutions to lose weight fast and once I believe it they will start showing themselves to me.
- I don’t have to struggle or suffer to lose weight.
- I am here to enjoy life and feel good, that’s what I will focus upon. As I become more joyful, and release my stress about losing weight, I will be able to lose weight easily.
- I can change my reality by changing my thoughts.
- This universe is not based on “action” but on “attraction” based creation. So if I want to create a well-toned body, I must attract it by thinking positive thoughts about me and visualizing my perfect body.
- Everyday I am getting closer and closer to reaching my ideal weight and fitness goals.
- I can see myself being perfectly fit, healthy and happy.
- My body helps me stay fit by removing unhealthy fats and toxins every minute of every day.
- I am conscious about what I eat. I love eating healthy foods that helps me stay fit.
- I love moving my body. I keep myself physically active. I look forward to exercising every single day.
- Everyday I let go of limiting and negative thoughts and attract positive energy from the universe.
- I am automatically attracted to healthy foods the help burn fat and keep me fit.
- I attract the right people in my life who help me achieve my weight loss goals.
- The universe is constantly sending me positive messages to help me lose weight.
- My body burns fat even while I sleep. Every morning I wake up feeling fitter and slimmer.
- I am in touch with my body and my intuition that guide me in the right direction to lose weight faster.
- I believe in myself and my abilities. What I set my mind to, I achieve, no matter what the obstacles.
- I turn my weaknesses into strengths.
- Every cell in my body vibrates with positive energy.
- Every cell in my body is a fat burning machine.
- I love myself unconditionally and work toward bettering myself every single day.
- I deserve to be healthy, happy and fit.
- I take deep conscious breaths that keeps me active and full of energy.
- I choose to be slim and healthy.
The most important thing is to feel good and make peace with your present reality. Don’t feel negative about your body, but look at the present contrast as an opportunity to realize the power of thoughts and the attraction based nature of our universe.
Every challenge brings with it the seed of liberation and success. You will be able to keep your motivation for losing weight going strong if you stay in a positive frame of mind.
Always remember that the action you take is not as important as the thoughts you think.