If you love to cook or drink tea, you’re familiar with common herbs such as mint and basil; likewise, you may already burn dried sage to rid your home of negativity. On the other hand, though, did you know that you can grow these plants (and many more) at home to draw positive energy into your space? Especially if you have a green thumb, keeping a fresh potted herb in your house can create more good luck in your life.
In this article, let’s look at 19 easy to grow herbs that can help attract more luck and positive energy into your life. Simply growing these herbs indoors or outdoors (in your front/backyard) is enough but we will also look at various other ways you can use these herbs to block/dispel negative energy, usher in prosperity, improve your relationships and to manifest your desires.
19 herbs for attracting good luck and prosperity into your life
1. Holy Basil (Tulsi)
A powerful masculine herb, basil is associated with the sun, fire, and expressive energy. Basil is a protective and attractive herb with many different properties, including warding off evil, healing relationships, and creating abundance in the spiritual and physical realms.
Basil symbolizes love, holiness, purity, health and good luck.
How to use basil for good luck/prosperity?
- Growing a basil plant in your home (indoors or outdoors) can repel evil spirits, attract positive vibes, and even call in financial success with daily watering and care.
- Holy basil leaves are a powerful good luck charm. You can carry a few dried or fresh leaves with you in your wallet to attract good luck and prosperity.
- Steep basil in a tea and share it among business partners or prospective clients to create lucrative business relationships.
- You can also soak basil in water for a few days, then sprinkle the water on the threshold of your business/shop. This will help attract new customers and clients, making you money in the process.
- To bring in more customers to your shop, consider putting a few dried or fresh leaves of basil under the doormat or in the cash register of your shop.
Lemongrass is an energetic masculine herb associated with light, air, and the sun. Smelling strongly of citrus, lemongrass calls forth the power of the third eye for visions, psychic communication, and protection. It fosters open communication between friends, coworkers, or lovers, and allows good relationships to flourish.
How to use lemongrass for good luck/prosperity?
- Brew a lemongrass tea and drink it for clarity and new ideas. Share the cup with your associates to foster open communication and understanding.
- Burn dried lemongrass and smudge your home to clear out energies which negatively impact you, and set an intention with the burned herb to manifest success in the workplace or in your relationships.
Thyme is a soothing feminine herb associated with the elements of water and air. It promotes progression, healing, and draws on our inner strength to move on from past traumas and manifest success in our everyday lives. Thyme gives courage and power to those who feel lacking, and grants wellness to those who are sick.
Thyme also symbolizes courage and strength.
How to use thyme for good luck/prosperity?
- Burn thyme to manifest good health for the future.
- Use it in rituals to heal psychic damage caused by past events.
- Draw a bath and steep it with thyme and marjoram to cleanse yourself after a bad relationship.
- You can even wear a sprig of thyme in your hair to manifest strength and bravery as you walk your daily path.
- The thyme plant can also help you attract luck in your career. Take home a thyme plant if you’re looking for a new job or a promotion, or when starting a business!
Rosemary is an action-packed herb that helps promote mental clarity, purity, focus, and concentration. It is more beneficial for inner spiritual or intellectual work than outer physical actions, and functions particularly well for students and scholars.
Apart from love, Rosemary also symbolizes friendship, positive relationships, peace, calm and loyalty.
How to use Rosemary for good luck/prosperity?
- Use this herb in cooking or keep a sprig of it in your book bag to manifest success in academia or intellectual matters.
- Draw on its spiritual properties by placing some in your bathwater to increase connection to the Self and help strengthen your memory.
- You can also dry and burn the rosemary plant to cleanse a space of any negativity and attract positive energy, similar to the way you’d burn dried sage.
- You can even place rosemary under your pillow to manifest psychic dreams and ward of nightmares.
- Grow some rosemary indoors or outdoors to increase luck in your love life. In addition to bringing in luck in love, rosemary was traditionally said to keep away thieves and evil hexes, as well.
5. St. John’s Wort
Saint John’s Wort is one of the most magical plants in the world. Its small yellow flowers and green stems call forth energies of the sun, fire, and action. This plant ignites your passion, but it does so in a balanced and calm manner. It can be used to manifest serenity and happiness, or give you the motivation you need to make a necessary change in your life.
How to use St. John’s Wort for good luck/prosperity?
- Burn a bit of dried St. John’s Wort leaves to cleanse your mind of negative thoughts and feelings. This will help happiness take root.
- You can also steep the plant to make tea. Drinking this beverage will help calm anxiety, root out depression, and leave you energized and ready for life changing action.
Dill is a potent masculine herb associated with fire, and its strong scent helps ward off negative energies. Dill helps us gain clarity and sensibility, drawing in luck, prosperity, and good fortune in droves. Each part of the dill plant can be used to manifest success in different parts of our lives.
How to use dill seeds for good luck/prosperity?
- Place dill seeds inside your wallet to attract financial abundance, or slip them inside your shoes while going for a job interview to land the position.
- Plant dill around your home to promote a happy and prosperous household.
- Carry a sprig in your wedding bouquet to ensure a long and joyous union.
Oregano is a light and joyful herb associated with the element of air. Drawing on both its masculine and feminine properties, oregano can help with energy, mood, and protection. It is also a major contributor to good health, good fortune, and success in a variety of endeavors.
Oregano symbolizes joy, contentment, balance and happiness.
How to use Oregano for good luck/prosperity?
- Make an oregano tea to share with your partner to encourage a stronger, more successful relationship.
- Place a sprig of this herb in your wallet or purse to manifest financial success, and utilize it with candle-based rituals to draw more luck into your life.
Chamomile is a natural relaxant herb associated with the powerful element of water. It has strong calming energies, helping bring peace, relaxation, and tranquility to the lives of any who use it. In addition, chamomile can help purify physical spaces. It brings about good fortune, good friends, and a good night’s sleep.
Chamomile symbolizes joy, positivity, optimism and happiness.
How to use chamomile for good luck/prosperity?
- Keep potted chamomile plant inside you home as chamomile flowers can bring a joyful, sunny energy to any room. This bright plant is also known for calling money luck into your life.
- Burn chamomile around your windows to keep bad energies and misfortune at bay, and drink chamomile tea before bedtime to ease yourself into restful slumber.
- Steep your bath with chamomile flowers to enhance meditation and connection with the Self.
- Anoint your hands with chamomile oil for a productive and successful day.
9. Balm of Gilead
The Balm of Gilead has ancient roots, and is even mentioned in the bible as a soothing plant. This herb helps ease anxiety, calm anger, and balance energies to extinguish jealousy or spite. It’s also a major love herb and can help mend a broken heart, heal a rift between partners, or even attract a new mate.
How to use balm of Gilead for good luck/prosperity?
- To manifest a new partner, mix Balm of Gilead with lemongrass and burn it at your altar. Once the new love enters your life, continue carrying the herb with you or sprinkle it around your bedroom to keep the passion alive.
- When a lover leaves you, burn Balm of Gilead with Myrrh at your altar to bring them back around.
10. Bay Laurel
Bay leaves are yet another common cooking herb, but growing this plant can make you lucky, too. The bay laurel plant carries a strengthening and emotionally balancing vibration. Additionally, you can place the bay laurel plant’s leaves in your wallet to attract wealth, or burn dried bay leaves to cleanse a room of negative energy.
Bay Laurel symbolizes balance, wealth and positive energy.
11. Mint plants
One of the easiest plants to grow for beginners, mint, spearmint, Marjoram and patchouli (which belongs to the mint family) are said to call in abundance and luck.
Drawing on lunar properties and the power of water, mint helps fortify, strengthen, and activate your inner energy. This beautiful and fragrant plant calms jittery nerves and allows you to focus with energy and intention. It is used to attract money, wealth, and prosperity.
Mint plants symbolize wisdom, happiness and positivity.
How to use mint for manifestation?
- To manifest wealth with mint, carry a piece of it in your wallet or purse. This will prevent unnecessary spending and help draw in more bills for your fold.
- You can also burn mint at your altar for success in business ventures, setting an intention for wealth as you watch the tiny tendrils of minty smoke rise up in abundance.
- Keep mint plant indoors to repel sadness and surround your space with a barrier of positivity.
You probably already recognize the instantly-soothing scent of lavender essential oil; similarly, growing the lavender plant attracts calming and balancing vibrations into your space. Keep fresh lavender at home for an enhanced sense of mental wellness and optimism.
Lavender symbolizes love, protection, luck, sleep, happiness & positivity.
13. Aloe Vera
The gel from this plant’s plump leaves is commonly used to soothe sunburns and insect bites, but did you know that traditionally, the Aloe Vera plant was also used to expel evil and attract luck? Grow this plant in your outdoor garden to keep away unlucky energy.
Aloe Vera symbolizes healing and protection.
The sage plant possesses a powerful negativity-repelling force, both when grown and when dried and burned. As such, sage calls in luck by making your home a stronghold of light and positivity. Grow a sage plant when you feel short on hope!
Sage symbolizes wisdom, health and protection.
15. Lemon Balm
If you’re feeling stressed about your finances, try growing a lemon balm plant. Both its scent and its energetic vibration are known to soothe frayed nerves and promote a sense of ease, which can help you to take the practical steps needed to bring abundance into your life.
Lemon balm symbolizes abundance, calm and peace.
You’ll recognize a jade plant by its small, thick leaves that resemble coins. This is why the jade plant is known to some as a “money plant”! These lucky plants do well in sunny environments; grow them outdoors or near a window to call in wealthy vibes.
Jade symbolizes strength, money, luck and good health.
An ancient herb of purification, love, unity, and spirituality, parsley has been used for thousands of years in ritual magic. It’s a masculine plant associated with the element of air, and it has proven to be a fierce kitchen friend that can help you out in all matters regarding relationships and love. Many spiritual traditions may associate parsley with strength and festivity. Did you know that the Romans wore parsley tucked into their togas for luck and protection?
Parsley symbolizes strength & protection.
How to use parsley for good luck/prosperity?
- Eat parsley to stir lust, rekindling a romantic relationship on the rocks. Be careful not to cut the stems before consuming parsley, as this may cut the love right out of your romance—and you don’t want that.
- Parsley is also a protective herb, so put a bit in your pocket before you travel or before a major event when you need an extra boost of security and good luck.
- Grow a little parsley in your home for spiritual protection against all forms of negative energies!
The Betel plant is very popular in Asia not only because of it’s beautiful leaves but also because the leaves carry medicinal properties. The leaves can be consumed raw and can help aid digestion and enhance your gut health. They are also rich in antioxidant. This plant is also consider lucky and can be planted indoors or outdoors.
Chives are super easy to grow both indoors and outdoors and are associated with eternity, abundance and long life. They also symbolize harmony and balance.
In brief, growing a potted herb at home (or planting one in your garden!) not only brightens up your space with a pop of green– it also can help you to attract money, stay positive, and feel more at ease in your daily life. With a little love and care, a simple potted plant can be your best friend when it comes to financial success, mental wellbeing, love, and luck!